Re: a counter-proposal for text

1991-04-30 22:28:59
How an unspecified document is to be interpreted
depends upon national, site, or individual user conventions;

I agree, because this means that even if IETF decides on 10646, the
Japanese can happily continue to use 2022. But then they would have to
use 10646 if they wanted to communicate with the rest of the world.
This is just a variation of the 8-bit SMTP enclave model.

We need to decide on the default inter-enclave encoding. I would hope
that everyone agrees that this should not be ASCII. We want to extend
this.

Erik