Re: SVr4 mail and RFC-XXXX

1991-05-27 13:18:04
Excerpts from internet.ietf-822: 26-May-91 SVr4 mail and RFC-XXXX
t(_dot_)l(_dot_)hansen(_at_)pegasus(_dot_)att(_dot_)c (10148*)

How do you plan on
sending mail with an embedded voice and video image? Those types of messages
are being sent right now; not being able to handle them is silly. Such
messages certainly won't flow across the Internet with the current RFC-XXXX
proposals.

Excuse me if I'm being dense, but it seems to me that this is the whole
point of RFC-XXXX, and that it will handle them fine.  (Indeed, I've got
a prototype implementation running already, and we can send messages
with images, voice, and low bit-rate video, TODAY.)  What, precisely, do
you think that RFC-XXXX can't do?  I appreciate your taking the time to
tell us all about AT&T mail, which was very interesting, but you never
provided the key bits of information that explain WHY you think RFC-XXXX
can't do these things.  If it can't, we certainly all want to know about
it!  -- Nathaniel