Re: source of RTF specification

1991-06-05 07:16:28
Excerpts from internet.ietf-822: 4-Jun-91 source of RTF specification
Keith Moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu (1790)

Even with the supplied translators, the RTF-Spec.rtf file doesn't
translate well
into plain ASCII, since it makes heavy use of italics to indicate where
command
parameters go.    I tried several different means of translation and finally
gave up trying to produce a mailable version that is still readable.

I can't resist pointing out that this does not exactly bode well for
developing small, simple translators that make it plausible to use RTF
instead of richmail!

I know, that was a cheap shot, but I just couldn't resist.  Sorry.  I am
really grateful to Keith for digging this up, and have already sent a
copy of the PostScript version to my printer so that I can study it in
detail.  Thanks, Keith!  -- Nathaniel