Re: applicability of Rich Text Format for e-mail

1991-06-05 19:54:41
Excerpts from ext.ietf-822: 5-Jun-91 Re: applicability of Rich T..
Nathaniel Borenstein(_at_)thu (3012)

Hugely.  This is one area where I think I can speak with real authority,
based on our experience with the Andrew project.   Go to Carnegie Mellon
or one of the few other sites where Andrew use is really widespread and
you will find that multiple fonts, etc. in email are used all the time.

Ah, but what for?  I enjoy the multiple fonts in ATK, but find that I do
*not* use bold, underline, Helvetica, and the like, but rather use
(almost exclusively) the styles "quotation", "example", and "code"
(which is a local style), along with embedded bitmaps.  The fact that
"quotation", for example, is displayed as italic indented text is less
important than the fact that it is a 'quotation'.

Bill