The Atlanta Decision

1991-09-04 19:29:14
While the Content-charset proposal received a moderate amount of discussion
in Atlanta, it has easily gotten ten times as much since.  What do we gain
by saying we decided in Atlanta and that's that?  Every decision of this
group must be subject to clear and deliberate review; what do we gain but
shutting out the opinions and counter-arguments of experts who couldn't
attend?

I agree with Bob. A lot of strong arguments have appeared only since the
last meeting.  I am now persuaded that a seperate header raises a lot of
possibilities for confusion, while most of its benefits can be gained by
clear syntax and definition of the Content-type.  If Ned, Neil and Keld
can live with it, I favor revoking the Atlanta Decision.  If not, let's
hear more.

Jim