Re: several comments on RFC-XXXX (really multipart/archive)

1991-10-30 13:59:44

This is going back to a bit of ancient history, but Vincent Lau asked
for a "Content-name" filed ages ago to fill this exact need.  I still
think it is a good idea.  This is not a new suggestion, but instead is
a six month old suggesting that is being raised by another independent
party.

We wanted the name because we wanted a hint when we needed to
save a body part into the filesystem.  It gives one a reasonable
default to use, and is a good idea even without being tied to a
multipart/archive proposal.

        Neil

----- Begin Included Message -----