Re: several comments on RFC-XXXX (really multipart/archive)

1991-10-30 13:26:00
Guido is completely right.  For an archive, you could indeed do
everything relative to a root.  For that, you might define
multipart/archive, with the understanding that all occurences of
"filename= xxx" in the parts is to be consider relative to, say, the
"filename=xxx" in the multipart content-type.  That's a very simple and
elegant model, and it is true to the spirit of multipart subtypes in
that if people choose to treat it as multipart/mixed it will still work
reasonably.  In fact, that's simple and elegant enough that I'm tempted
to add it to the draft.  But I've been fighting such temptations
recently....