Enough about Richtext!

1992-02-05 08:21:09
After putting a specification to bed, it is not uncommon to have ideas
as to what would make it a better specification.  In the context of
Nathaniel's original message, we have to ask ourselves:

        Is richtext, as currently specified, broken?

The answer, and I hope everyone will agree, is NO.

As such, whilst I personally favor approach #2 over the current
approach, I find no need for a change at this time.  As currently
specified, richtext works well enough, period.

Frankly, I am more concerned about having this document appear as an
RFC in a reasonable timeframe so that we may provide good service to the
community.  (A goal which, sadly, many people seem to have lost sight of.)

Might I suggest that we wait to see what the IESG recommendation is to
the IAB before continuing any more discussion on this list?

Thanks,

/mtr