Re: Richtext

1992-02-07 22:58:55
Dave Crocker writes:
The rule of group decision making is that one-writ, the hand
moves on.

I don't mind playing the game by formal rules, but if you *are* going
to have formal rules about deadlines for comments, etc, then I demand
additional formal rules for determining whether or not "consensus" has
been reached.

Now I realize that there are problems associated with "voting", but,
at the very least, I would like to see more firm guidance from the
Chair.

This is not the first time that richtext is being discussed. People
were arguing for its removal a long time ago too. That discussion
ended and someone somewhere made the decision that richtext was to
stay in the MIME document.

But I didn't see any appreciable level of "consensus" on that issue at
that time. Exactly how was that "decision" made?

Erik