latest MIME draft

1992-02-28 07:30:19

  I have no problems with the current MIME draft.  If the IAB/IESG are
happy with it, I say let's ship it...

  On the quoted-printable newline question, I think that this is a minor
point that can be clarified before the status of the published RFC-MIME
gets promoted the time after this.  This is not to say it shouldn't be
discussed further or editorial changes made down the road, but I do
think it is sufficient to publish as an RFC at present.

  As to Keld's recent political commentary, I can only say that Appendix
F seems to quite clearly describe the procedures whereby he can propose
registering his work with the IANA.  The text there and the process there
both seem clear enough and it is a pity that he resorts to political means
in what is otherwise a technical forum.  His concerns with the IESG/IAB
should be directed to them rather than to this IETF WG.

Ran
atkinson(_at_)itd(_dot_)nrl(_dot_)navy(_dot_)mil