Re: latest draft - content-transfer-encoding

1992-02-29 08:43:23
I agree that UTF *could* be treated as a character set.  However it
also has properties similar to a transfer encoding.  When I have a
10646 editor (for mail), I think I would prefer that it be encoded in
UTF for transmition (over the eventual 8 bit connection).  That way
when it is received by someone with the same mail handling facilities
I have, it would be automatically unencoded.  If it is handled as
a character set, not a transfer encoding, then the user has to do the
character set transformation explicity.