Re: MAJOR BUG IN MIME

1992-06-29 14:02:01
I vote for removing dot from tspecials.  If someone has a good reason
to keep it, please make your case quickly.  I think we're still at a point
where making this change will not be too disruptive, but it will get more
painful if we wait.  If I'm wrong, and it's already too much hassle to
change (major implementors please comment), then at least we have to fix
the spec.

I also would like to see the multi-part BNF changed as Mark suggests.  This
doesn't seem to be a real problem to change;  I believe most implementations
accept one or two CRLF's before the part, so interoperability isn't at stake.
It sure seems to be cleaner with just one CRLF, though.

Jim