Re: MIME to Draft Standard, transition document, etc.

1993-01-17 13:58:58

  I continue to object to Keld's objection and I know of others who
feel likewise.  Everyone here has heard both positions to death
already.  This note is just pro forma to confirm that my position has
not changed.

  A minimal transition document and a minimal MIME specification are
the best approach.  If any changes get made to MIME, they should only
be to do things like correct BNF and fix minor well known problems
with the specification.

  If anything, some unbundling of MIME might be considered so that the
various pieces can progress at various rates without impacting the
overall MIME document.

Ran
atkinson(_at_)itd(_dot_)nrl(_dot_)navy(_dot_)mil