Re: Content-IDs (drop them!)

1993-01-21 09:46:30

From: "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie(_at_)NI(_dot_)umd(_dot_)edu>
Subject: Re: Content-IDs (drop them!)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 08:33:57 EST

another one.  Imagine if you will that you had something like richtext
or son-of-richtext; you could refer to another body part in a
directive which could be used to indicate "display this graphic image
*here*, imbedded within the text."

Right, I am building an application that uses Content-IDs in basically
this way, which is also suggested by a NOTE in 1341, and I know I am
not alone.  If they were dropped them we'd have to use ordinal references
(e.g., the 6th part) and that would be very brittle.

Jay