Keep content-ID's (was: Re: Content-IDs (drop them!))

1993-01-21 15:56:20
another one.

I have a couple of similar uses in mind for content-ID's.  So would
like to keep them around.

However, I haven't found any reason why they need to be in traditional
Message-ID format, nor why they need be >>globally<< unique.  If they
are used only within a message, why make them globally named?  Is not
naming them within the message context sufficient?

<- David Herron <david(_at_)twg(_dot_)com> (work)
<david(_at_)davids(_dot_)mmdf(_dot_)com> (home)
<-
<- "That's our advantage at Microsoft; we set the standards and we can change
them."
<- Karen Hargrove of Microsoft quoted in the Feb 1993 Unix Review editorial.