Re: A spec for showing language in MIME headers

1993-11-04 22:30:47

I'm not sure whether I can understand ISOish with US_ASCII, but...

I suppose this doesn't exclude using "charset" with some other
semantics than the usual in the definition of some new
content-type.

Of course. But, so what?

Perhaps we should then also have a Content-Filename-Suggestion:
header for those many cases where it's appropriate to save the
body of a body-part in a file? And a Header-Filename-Suggestion:
for saving the header of the body-part?

And a Content-Filename-Suggestion-Language: and a Header-Filename-
Suggestion-Language: and Content-Filename-Suggestion-Supplemental-Language:
and a Header-Filename-Suggestion-Supplimental-Language: and.....

especially in the case of a text object, to allow for a speech
synthesis system to automatically select the right dialect

OK. Your speech synthesis system should be of quite high quality.

                                        MO