Re: RFC-822 addresses as part of X.400

1993-11-15 07:14:02
Hello Jacob -- I especially like your phrasing:

"includes optional ADMD, PRMD and DDA-s for "Internet style" mail addresses,"

I will claim that the problem to be solved has nothing to do with
"style", but with "substance" and using Internet Style addresses does
nothing to solve the substantial problems of having different
addresses for X.400 and INTERNET.

Either we make them the same, or we have not done anything important
or anything useful.

Consider the reverse idea, of using X.400 address in Internet mail
with a few things changed, like allowing full US-ASCII in the DDA, and
restricting the other OR Address fields to US-ASCII?

I think the X.400 community reaction should be rather telling here.

Cheers...\Stef