Re: MIME-compliant Chinese email software

1993-11-23 15:56:57
I'm interested in multilingual, multimedia mail readers.  Does anyone
know of a group that has worked on a Chinese character set for MIME
use?  I'm aware of the BIG-5 and GB code, but doesn't know if anyone
has brought them into the MIME world.

If you are interested in the PC world at all, my understanding is that the Lotus
cc:Mail product is available in a Chinese as well as a Japanese version (both
running in their native environments).  Our company is about ready to start
shipping beta versions of our cc:Mail to SMTP/MIME gateway.  In the coming
months, we will be testing this SMTP/MIME gateway under both Chinese and
Japanese Windows 3.1.  If you would like any further information on either sets
of products I would be happy to answer what I can or refer you to the proper
person.

Best Regards,

Tim Kehres