Re: Fixing RFC 1641

1994-11-30 14:29:28
At 12:54 PM 11/30/94, Tom Limoncelli wrote:
Would someone recommend a fast way to learn a little
more about Unicode?  I just need an overview.  Any URLs?

There is a WWW site under construction, but it's not ready for the public
yet. It should be ready very soon.

Meanwhile, there is an anonymous FTP site, unicode.org. It doesn't have
much in the way of overview material, unfortunately.

You can buy the two volumes of the standard at most computer bookstores:

The Unicode Standard, Version 1.0, Volumes 1 & 2 (Addison-Wesley)

Volume 1 ISBN 0-201-56788-1
Volume 2 ISBN 0-201-60845-6

I will announce the WWW site here as soon as it's open.

David Goldsmith
david_goldsmith(_at_)taligent(_dot_)com
Senior Scientist
Taligent, Inc.