Re: Re[4]: Will the real uuencode please stand up?

1995-01-04 14:24:57
I said:
       I probably *can* support it,  but will not.   This doesn't mean
that you cannot.   I just don't want to see it in a MIME specification.
So to all other implementors,  please just don't SAY anything about it.

Then Tim said:
    This is the type of attitude that I think will continue to cause us
    nothing but trouble.  Sure, we can all just hide our heads in the
    sand, however this will not cause the problem to go away.

        Look ... I'm not trying to be an ass about it.   It's possible
that I'm too idealistic for  your market / your customers.   For mine,
there are certain things I won't compromise.   When I said  "can support
but will not"  what I mean was that the support I'd have to add would be
sub-standard,  a hack,  a kludge.   Such things result in too many
support phone calls.   That's expensive.   The support you can offer
for UUENCODE may be better;  your environment is probably less hostile
to the nature of UUENCODEing.

    Tim Kehres
    International Messaging Associates Ltd

--
Rick Troth <troth(_at_)ua1vm(_dot_)ua(_dot_)edu>, Houston, Texas, USA
http://ua1vm.ua.edu/~troth/