compound docs

1995-01-27 17:11:01

Here's more fuel for the MIME compound docs fire:

I just returned from the annual Lotus conference, Lotusphere. They demoed the
beginnings of their cc:Mail Windows 95 client. Instead of the current
attachment payne, the attachments are embedded within the text. I.E. the text
editor supports RTF in an OLE2 container where you can embed objects (i.e.
attachments) anywhere.

The implication is that within a year we will have 6-8M new users on the net
looking for compound doc support in MIME.

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078