Re: gif

1995-03-07 21:01:52
Erik writes...

I don't know what you did with that message, but with two MIME version
fields and two content-type headers in the rfc-822 headers, and with
spurrious info trailing parameters this was undisplayable.

I suspect this is one of Nathaniel's MIME examples which are available
by anonymous ftp.  Every so often, someone takes one of those messages
which was originally addressed to the ietf-822 list, and runs it
through a mail program that sends that message back to the list again!
In the example, Nathaniel's address is 'unqualified' (lacks a domain
name), so the "second sender"'s local mailer adds its own domain name,
making the address unreplyable.

Keith