Multipart/related comments

1995-06-15 09:04:47
Regarding ietf-draft-mimesgml-related-01.txt:

1 These statements in 3.2 (The Type Parameter) seem contradictory:

  "The type parameter must be specified if the start parameter
   is present. It permits a MIME user agent to determine the
   content-type without reference to the enclosed body part."

  "Where the content-type of the object root and the one indicated
   by the type parameter disagree, the object root is authoritative."

  It seems to me that if we are explicitly allowing them to disagree,
  the MIME UA ought to take action based on the authoritative one;
  thus would have to reference the body part.

2 Couple of problems in the examples:
  in 4.1:
  - need a ; after boundary=tiger-lilly
  - start="...1133...." should be start="...1132...."
  in 4.2
  - need a ; at end of start= line.
  - one of the cid URLs has a : instead of a . embedded.
  - the cid: URLs should not have angle brackets in them  :)

 Mike Braca                                       Wasabe Software, Inc
 Software Artisan
mbraca(_at_)conan(_dot_)ids(_dot_)net