Re: RFC 1524

1996-09-23 00:58:10
In message <ImFHd_OMc50i0b8uM7(_at_)nsb(_dot_)fv(_dot_)com> 22 Sep 1996
09:08:26, nsb(_at_)nsb(_dot_)fv(_dot_)com wrote:

There are a few things I know should be updated, but I have zero time
for it.  A partner would be most welcome.

        I'd be proud to be this partner, if you accept, of course...
In my own MUA, I already extended the mailcap format in the following ways:

        1. parameter definition support
        2. default transfer encoding
        3. bodypart edition through file selection
        4. special support for bundled more-than-8-bit-alphabets edition
           or non-editable-with-an-ASCII-keyboard-alphabets with
8-bits-windowing-
           systems (gargl...)
        5. conflicts between appli-defined visualization and mailcap-defined
           visualization

Of course, everything is in x-something for the moment !

Keith suggested a very interesting list which could make me start a discussion
right now !-) May I add the following point :

        * make everything reasonnable in order to promote mailcap on other
          systems than Unix

I can't host a mailing list here because electronic mail is not in my official
scope (well, my scope is HTML/HTTP, isn't MIME a basic element in HTTP ?-)))))
Where can it be done ?

Regards,

</Daniel>