Innosoft interoperability

1997-08-04 04:07:09
What if I want to write an agent that
I can expect to interoperate with any of a large number of other MTAs and
LDAs or submission agents?  Are you going to convince Netscape and MS and
Software.com and Innosoft

Speaking of Innosoft...

A user just asked whether the latest version of pine---presumably this
is the famous Innosoft pine-with-subaddresses---works with PMDF 5.0-6.

Here's Ned Freed's answer: ``The answer is no, it won't work. There are
countless version dependencies thoughout -- we routinely change all
sorts of interfaces and data structures during the development of new
releases of the product.''

So Innosoft's MUA doesn't even work with two versions of their own MTA.

Now, Bart, what were you saying about interoperability?

---Dan
Set up a new mailing list in a single command. http://pobox.com/~djb/ezmlm.html