Re: comment for draft-moore-mime-cdisp-00

1997-08-06 01:19:49
On Tue, 05 Aug 1997 21:06:19 PDT, "Kenzaburou Tamaru (Exchange)" said:
field. MIME-2(Message Header Extensions for Non-ASCII) is defined as
extension for header field., I don't think this can be applied to this
"value".
It is time to say like
disposition-param := filename-param
      /..............
filename-param := "filename" "=" dstring
dstring := 1*utf8
utf8 := <any sequence of octets formed from the UTF-8 transformation of
a character from ISO 10646>

No.

The more correct answer here is to allow RFC2047 header-encoding to be used
in the 'dstring' field.  This way, other encoding systems besides UTF8
can be used if desired.

Unfortunately, it's past 4AM local time and I can't remember why we didn't
allow the 2047-style encoding in the first place.  Somebody else here
remember why we did that?

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer