rfc 2119 violation

1997-08-09 23:06:35
I asked Scott Bradner, the author of RFC 2119, about Newman's ``MUST be
delivered to that primary address by default'' requirement. Scott wrote
back after reviewing Newman's spec.

``In looking at the text I think you are correct in detail---i.e. this
is not a case of ensuring interoperability between systems so it does
violate the caution in rfc 2119,'' he says. ``It seems like the author
is trying to ensure consistent user-level behavior, a reasonable goal,
but the use of MUST seems out of place.''

---Dan
Set up a new mailing list in a single command. http://pobox.com/~djb/ezmlm.html