Re: text/paragraph or wrap=yes/no

1998-03-13 12:41:43
At 10:59 AM -0600 3/13/98, Ned Freed wrote:
(This, BTW, is what I meant when I said wrap=yes is "too easy" in and of
itself. I knew this that this requirement would need to be added and I knew
the folks at Qualcomm would object to it.)

N O N S E N S E.  We don't object to it. Our software has, and has  A L W A
Y S  had, an option to send wrapped text/plain that would warm the cockles
of your little vt100-loving heart.  And it is turned on B Y   D E F A U L
T.  So knock off the slams.

These are good faith implementations that comply with the standard
as it is written. We don't violate the trust people have placed in us in
such cases

The "no line breaks necessary" wasn't written in any standard until 2046,
and people writing software to the older spec were doing so in perfectly
good faith, too.