Re: This is text/plain format=paragraphs - how does reply work?

1998-04-21 11:36:32
In exmh (2.0.2), by default, I get:

So we established that viewing flowed text or paragraphs is OK. I don't think
that's the hard part. I think replying is, as well as viewing replies made in
the paragraphs format. Replying is also probably just about as important a
viewing because we do it all the time.  So here's a sample. I'd like to
collect replies - tell me what your MUA does when replying and how you liked
it. I will summarize.  BTW, this message is a single long line QP encoded.

However, since I use emacs to compose my reply, it's just a couple of
keystrokes (C-X . M-Q) to get

So we established that viewing flowed text or paragraphs is OK. I
don't think that's the hard part. I think replying is, as well as
viewing replies made in the paragraphs format. Replying is also
probably just about as important a viewing because we do it all the
time.  So here's a sample. I'd like to collect replies - tell me
what your MUA does when replying and how you liked it. I will
summarize.  BTW, this message is a single long line QP encoded.

I always do this on replies anyway, to prevent the quoted material
from walking off the edge of the screen.

--
    HP Laboratories                    |There's been so much ado already
                                       |               Lori Karkosky
    kirshenbaum(_at_)hpl(_dot_)hp(_dot_)com
    (650)857-7572

    http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Evan_Kirshenbaum/