Re: format=flowed : why not use HTML?

1998-09-01 08:58:39
I think Chris's concern is that it will get stigmatized as yet another
format that includes formatting crud that users don't want to see.  So how
about something like this.

"QP encoding MUST be used when necessary to encoded non-US characters;
however it SHOULD not be used unless necessary. It is preferable to risk
formatting damage than to insert formatting crud that may cause the
format=flow text format to be rejected by end users as incompatible with
plain text"

LL