Re: Draft for signed headers

1999-03-17 09:52:51
On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 05:33:40PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Brad Templeton wrote:

  An existing experimental protocol "pgpverify" [PGPVERIFY] is

How widespread is it?  We used it but really didn't find a significant
population listening to it.  Has that changed of late?

It may depend on the country, eg. most (or even all, I'm not sure)
newsserver here in Germany can use it w/o paying fees to anyone. Most
newsservers I know of here in Munich use it.

The same may also be valid for the US after the patent expires.

It's not the patent issue, you can get a legal pgp.

The question is, what percentage of news sites are confirming newgroup
with pgpverify?  I haven't tracked in a while, but back when I was
using it (1.5 years ago) the answer was few.