RE: Finishing the XML-tagging discussion

2000-03-20 11:34:28
Simon St.Laurent wrote,
I've yet to hear of a meaningful 'breaking', and I'd like a
concrete example.

As far as I can tell, -xml doesn't interfere with existing
systems at all.

Depends what you mean by break, I guess. If an HTTP user agent
sends a request with Accept: application/*-xml, then as things
stand, it's as likely as not to get back a 400 Bad Request
response.

That might not be breakage, but it's far from obvious (to me at
least) that it helps us much.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews