Re: Format=Flowed and CJK

2000-07-07 14:48:46
At 10:41 AM +0000 6/12/00, Charles Lindsey wrote:

 If you are considering updates to this spec, then could you please also
 put in a feature to retain whatever indentation existed in the original. I
 explained to you before the present proposal was adopted that it could
 easily be done within the spirit of the present system, but I had come
 onto the scene too late in the process to influence what was being done at
 that time.

I'd like to keep changes to a minimum, if possible. There is a demonstrated problem with languages and character sets which do not necessarily use spaces. This needs to be fixed.

Any changes to F=F should be done in such a way as to maximize interoperability with existing F=F code.

  >1.  On generation, add SP CRLF where a soft line break is desired
following or preceding a CJK character.

 Please will someone remind me what "CJK stands for, and also which RFC
 contains the present proposal.

CJK = Chinese, Japanese, Korean.

F=F is specified in RFC 2646.

--