Re: Messages without any body

2000-08-31 09:05:10

Jacob Palme writes:
Messages without any body or with an empty body seem to
becoming more common, perhaps because of the increasing
use of cell phones with small textual message screens.

Examples:

Subject: Re: Here is the document/thank you/AL//

Subject: Re: Meeting 1 September/sorry, I cannot come/JS#

Are there any commonly agreed conventions about this, such as
using "/" as in the example above, or putting "#" at the end
of a subject to indicate that no body is included.

I don't think so.  I've seen lots of <EOM> or EOM or eom instead of
#, and | or - for line breaks.

                        --Dan

--
  Dan Grillo   dan(_at_)grillo(_dot_)net  (650) 917-0685  fax (209)315-7970