WG: Limitation in bcc-field of emails?

2001-01-23 09:13:04
Hi,

I read the RFC 822 very carefully but I was not able to read something about
a limitation in the BCC Field. Is there such a thing as a maximum number of
characters that can be written in the BCC field? Is there a maximum limit of
characters for email at all?

Thanks for your time and cooperation
Volker Hauss

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul Hoffman / IMC [mailto:phoffman(_at_)imc(_dot_)org]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. Januar 2001 16:47
An: Hauss, Volker
Betreff: Re: Limitation in bcc-field of emails?

Mr(s) Hoffman,

I read the RFC 822 very carefully but I was not able to read something
about
a limitation in the BCC Field. Is there such a thing as a maximum number of
characters that can be written in the BCC field?
Excuse me for bothering you but I could not find an email address more
adequate than yours. It would be very kind if you forward this to someone
who can help me if you do not know the answer to my question.

Your best bet is to take this to the ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org mailing list.
See <http://www.imc.org/ietf-822/> for information on the list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium