Re: questions on RFC2822

2001-09-11 03:52:16

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 ned+ietf-822(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

On 9/10/01 at 1:17 PM -0500, Eric A. Hall wrote:

1) There does not appear to be a requirement for a space after the
colon in the header field...

That is correct. Though a space definitely makes it more readable and
lots of clients produce the space, it is not required at all, I've
seen messages without, and I've never seen anybody fail to parse a
header without a space.

I've seen these as well, and I've never seen anything that had a problem.

Programs created for UseNet but later adapted to mail has been seen
having such problems. (UseNet articles must have SP after the colon.)