Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-01-30 09:46:08

Further to discussions here on IETF-822 last year, and some continuing offline discussions with interested parties, I've joined forces with Mark Nottingham and Jeffrey Mogul who had similar ideas for HTTP (see http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nottingham-http-header-reg-00.txt).

The result is an updated registry proposal, per the announcement below...

In summary, the proposal is for a pair of cross-protocol registries: one for normative (standardized) message headers, and another for provisional (non-standardized) message headers.

#g

        Title           : Registration procedures for message headers
        Author(s)       : G. Klyne et al.
        Filename        : draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt
        Pages           : 16
        Date            : 29-Jan-02

This specification defines registration procedures for the message
headers used by Internet mail, HTTP, news and other applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

<Graham(_dot_)Klyne(_at_)Baltimore(_dot_)com>    <http://www.mimesweeper.com>
                                <http://www.baltimore.com>