Re: MHonArc support for format=flowed

2002-05-06 19:19:28

Very
Alan Barrett <apb(_at_)cequrux(_dot_)com> wrote:
In UTF-7, "+ietf-" decodes to U+89EB followed by a decoding error.  I
have no idea why IE6 is trying to interpret the page as UTF-7.

Very interesting.  UTF-7 seems like an encoding that shouldn't be guessed at,
but
only used when explicitly coded.

I've just taken a look at Hotmail's support for format=flowed.  While it does
take
the opportunity to nicely mark quoted messages, it doesn't actually reflow
paragraphs!

Would it be a good idea to create a short message demonstrating the features of
format=flowed to be included in the mimetest (http://www.imc.org/mimetest/)
suite?

One last question?  Has there been any effort to come up with a more up-to-date
name
than RFC822 format?  I know rfc2822 calls it Internet Message Format, but that
leads
to acronyms that are more suggestive of instant messaging or the International
Monetary Fund than email. Perhaps something that includes H for headers or E for
email, like EHF or IMMHF or something like that?

Ken Hirsch