Re: RHijacked Addresses

2002-08-01 06:42:45

This message, which I got recently, shows how some people
react to what is happening around us. What is our responsibilities
as standards developers for allowing this to happen?

we attempted to deal with the virus problem in MIME content-types
by requiring each new content-type to have documented security
considerations.    unfortunately one particular OS vendor decided
to distribute mail reading software that ignored not only the
security risks of presenting arbitrary types but the entire
content-typing system.

In other words, the blame is squarely with Microsoft, and they
should be held financially and personally liable for the harm
that they have caused.

Keith