Re: RHijacked Addresses

2002-08-03 12:07:04

At 12:45 PM -0500 8/3/02, Eric A. Hall wrote:
It's because it should be reasonably resolvable with computers, without
requiring that everybody become an expert in security and mail routing
services.

Seven years ago, I would have agreed with you. Having seen the repeated failure of the apps folks and the security folks to get even reasonably close to this goal, I'm very skeptical. Having said that, I would bow deeply to anyone who designs and deploys such a system.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium