XML format for email and other messages

2003-01-29 08:15:15

For information:

Re:  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klyne-message-xml-00.txt

I'm reviving an old project of mine to define an XML format to carry information from email and related message formats. This work started life as a proposal for an instant messaging format, but since attracted interest from some XML application developers who wanted to process email-related information (e.g. weblog interfaces, RSS information feeds; my employer at the time used in an email archive development). This is NOT an attempt to do email-in-XML.

My plan for this is to update the document with feedback I'm getting from interested folks and request publication as an informational RFC.

Paul Hoffman has kindly provided a mailing list and web archive page at the IMC site:
    http://www.imc.org/ietf-message-xml/

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK(_at_)NineByNine(_dot_)org>