draft-kohn-news-article-01a.txt

2003-03-09 11:42:49

A new version of draft-kohn-news-article is now available on my website
(as I missed the I-D cut-off).

http://www.dankohn.com/draft-kohn-news-article-01a.txt
http://www.dankohn.com/draft-kohn-news-article-01a.html
http://www.dankohn.com/draft-kohn-news-article-01a.xml

This attempts to more fully flesh out what Russ Allbery describes
<http://www.washington.edu/imap/listarch/current/msg00303.html> as
"Option C", a fully backward-compatible approach that uses RFC 2047 and
punycode to accomplish i18n.  Sections on cancel messages and
responsibilities for news agents are still missing, but could be fairly
easily added if usefor moves forward using this approach.

The Kohn draft can be compared to Charles Lindsey's "Option A" approach
of using raw UTF-8, as described at
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-usefor-article-09.txt>.

Edits to the text are welcome either to the usefor list (where any
follow-up should occur) or to the author (me).

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan(_at_)dankohn(_dot_)com>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>