Re: Regarding SMTP Message specification syntax ...

2003-10-01 06:30:14

Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt(_at_)gulbrandsen(_dot_)priv(_dot_)no> writes:

    I went through RFC822 in search of this, but could not gain much from
"Message specification section 4.1" with regards to this issue.

Please don't read 822 any more. 2821/2822 are the main current RFCs

RFC 2822 doesn't obsolete RFC 822 standards wise though, since RFC
2822 is merely a Proposed Standard.

As for things lacking in RFC 2822; I wish the X-* headers could be
discussed, at least to explicitly acknowledge that they are no longer
the recommended solution to introduce new headers.