Re: FYI: BOF on Internationalized Email Addresses (IEA)

2003-10-30 23:05:16

At 04:01 31/10/03, Sam Roberts wrote:
Quoteing al(_at_)akc(_dot_)com, on Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 08:39:26PM -0500:
> So are you suggesting creating email addresses that look like:
>
> 4301(_at_)908-410
>
> which would translate to an existing phone number 908-410-4301

Huh? What does that have to do with multi-lingual email addresses?

I'm suggesting that email addresses should be at least as useable as
telephone numbers. I can dial anywhere in the world on any handset
using 0-9, any email scheme that ends in me not being to email a
french friend because I'm in outer Mongolia, and the keyboard doesn't
do e-grave is going to be a pain in the ass, and nobody will thank you
for it.

This is a perfect example of real life vernacular. Thank you.
jfc