Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00.txt]

2004-09-05 10:39:03

blilly(_at_)erols(_dot_)com (Bruce Lilly)  wrote on 04.09.04 in
<413A5E1A(_dot_)5000505(_at_)erols(_dot_)com>:

Russ Allbery wrote:

However, by doing so, I am making it difficult for anyone to send a
private reply to me should they have something they don't feel is
appropriate for the list.
[...]
I want to
indicate a preference that if the message is sent to the mailing list, I
not recieve an extra *copy*.

There is no way of representing those semantics with Reply-To in the way
that you describe
[...]
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
All of a sudden it's "difficult" to click on a mailto URI like the
one above?  Or to right-click on the mailbox in the From line and
select "compose mail to"?

Not difficult. Impossible, for example for me. This client here doesn't
understand a mouse. Nor does it even try to find stuff in unstructured
text that looks like an address.

(Incidentally, I don't see any mailto URI here. Just a naked address.)

There's generic cut&paste ... it's usually significantly easier to use the
address book.

MfG Kai