Re: References, In-Reply-To, and Resent-Message-ID: responses and message fragmentation/reassembly

2004-09-07 07:11:53

Russ Allbery wrote:
Bruce Lilly <blilly(_at_)erols(_dot_)com> writes:

I further believe that in the case of a response to a message containing
at least one Resent-Message-ID field, the msg-id placed in the response
In-Reply-To and/or References fields should be that of the most recent
Resent-Message-ID rather than that in the Message-ID field (if present)
or any other Resent-Message-ID field which might be present.

I don't believe those semantics would be nearly as useful as following the
standard References semantics.

On reflection, Resent-Message-ID shouldn't be used in responses.

However, I think there is still a problem w.r.t. message/partial.