Re: a header authentication scheme

2004-11-07 20:58:40

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Can I summarize your position in the
following terms? Mail transport is in essence an end-to-end service which
cannot be trusted by anyone due to the potential for unethical
intermediaries to change the content of messages against user's
wishes.

If this summarizes your points, then I'm not sure how productive such
an extreme position can be on this issue. It seems to me that the
underlying assumption of mail is that people do at least trust the
transport infrastructure to faithfully replicate the sender's message
at the destination. Otherwise there can be no communication at all.