Updating the mailto URI scheme for better I18N

2005-02-14 05:55:51

Dear Email Experts,

I have just submitted draft-duerst-mailto-bis-00.txt to the Internet
Drafts Editor. Here's the abstract:

   This document defines the format of Uniform Resource Identifiers
   (URI) for designating electronic mail addresses.  The syntax of
   'mailto' URIs from [RFC2368] is extended to be compatible with IRIs
   ([RFC3987]) for better internationalization.

You can find a full copy at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2005Feb/0013.html.

Comments are welcome. The list for discussing URI schemes, including
this one, is uri(_at_)w3(_dot_)org (subscribing by sending a mail with subject
'subscribe' to uri-request(_at_)w3(_dot_)org).

Regards,    Martin.

P.S.: Just in case, this already works in at least one browser (Opera)