Re: Site policy vs. HELO

2005-03-01 07:19:59

Typo Fix:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hector Santos" <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>
To: "ietf-822" <ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>; "Vince Sabio"
<vince(_at_)vjs(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: Site policy vs. HELO

Vince,

I would think section 7.7 inherently implies HELO to be included when it
mentioned "EHLO." It might be a slip in not including HELO along with
EHLO.
I think the principle idea was about site policy rejection code
recommendation and using a 55x response code.

The fallback response code is 50x which is the class of "unknown command"
response codes. This is what you would normally expect for a non-ESMTP
host
site who does not support or recognize HELO. See section 4.2.4 about 502
vs.
500.

I meant "....who does not support or recognize EHLO."

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.
http://www.santronics.com