Re: rfc2231 implementations?

2006-07-19 01:37:27
Am Dienstag, 18. Juli 2006 17:29 schrieb Arnt Gulbrandsen:
I can't remember ever seeing a 2231-encoded message in the wild. Are
there implementations? Is there hope that a message using 2231 syntax
will be understood by anyone?

Not sure what exactly you mean, but KMail does, of course, create
2231-encoded headers for attachments with non-ASCII names. Though, much
to my dismay, KMail also has a Microsoft-compatibility mode for
creating those headers in Microsoft's RFC-violating format.

And that KMail understands messages using 2231 syntax should be obvious.

I guess the problem with 2231 is that Microsoft products will probably
never create such messages because that would break backwards
compatibility with their old products.

Regards,
Ingo